The content of the article:
Heat is one of the important conditions for living in a house. For its implementation, special equipment is used — heating boilers, presented in the assortment. How to choose the most suitable among the variety of available options? To get started, focus on the general criteria.
What to consider when choosing a boiler for a house or cottage
Before buying a heater, look at:
- the type of fuel used (it is necessary to choose a liquid, solid, gaseous energy carrier, on which the economy and efficiency of work will depend);
- power (should be sufficient to heat the entire area of \u200b\u200bthe housing);
- the number of circuits (the functionality of the unit depends on this parameter, which can not only heat the house, but also provide hot water);
- additional features (some modern models are equipped with special settings that prevent the occurrence of emergencies that threaten the life or health of people);
- size, design features (floor or wall model).
Power is key
Pay close attention to the power rating. If it is below the permissible norm, the generated amount of heat will not be enough (it will be cold in the house). Excessive power is also undesirable (it will cause extra costs).
It is recommended to entrust the calculation of a suitable boiler power to a specialist. To determine the exact indicator, a number of important factors are taken into account:
- the total area of all rooms that will be heated;
- average temperatures in the considered climatic zone;
- wall material (the level of thermal conductivity depends on it);
- the presence of external insulation;
- roof structure;
- number of windows and doors;
- glass type.
Does the brand matter?
When buying a boiler, it is advisable to enlist the help of a specialist, and also not to ignore information about the brand that released the unit you like. It is advisable to choose a device from a well-known manufacturer with a good reputation, which has a developed network of service centers. Do not limit yourself to the offers of foreign companies only. Many domestic manufacturers offer noteworthy models of heating boilers.