The serial connection of radiators in the heating system, although considered more economical in installation, nevertheless significantly limits their control. A wider choice of possibilities in this matter is provided by collector heating of a private house — each battery is connected to a single source. This allows you to set the desired temperature on any radiator or even turn it off completely. The basis is a comb (collector), which is a small part of the pipe that has outlets for each individual heating element.
The main advantage of such a system is ease of use. The use of heating devices is the most comfortable:
- The temperature of each element is regulated in a single place. Being close to the central node, a person can reduce the heat supply to the desired register or block it completely. This makes it possible to control the heating of any individual room.
- Each branch extending from the center feeds only a single heating device. Therefore, pipes of small diameter are used for connection. Most often they are laid in a concrete floor screed, which allows you to additionally heat the room.
- If necessary, it can become a node, with the help of which several independent circuits are formed at once, differing in heating temperature. For this, a special collector (hydraulic arrow) is used, which has a large pipe diameter.
- The installation of this option is slightly different from the usual. It involves laying small circuits between the heat supply and the return line.
There are several main disadvantages that must be considered before installing such a system in your home:
- Much more pipe is used to connect all the components than with a series connection. The larger the area of \u200b\u200bthe house, the more complex the wiring plan. This increases the difference in costs.
- Ordinary one- or two-pipe heating is usually mounted on walls. In this case, such mounting will not be aesthetic.
- The location of the eyeliners in the screed has one important factor — there should not be any seams or joints. After all, this is a potential leak site. And opening the concrete floor is an unpleasant undertaking.
- The water circuit in total has a large resistance, especially when heating a two-story house. Especially when mounting narrow pipes. You can forget about natural circulation right away, because a small difference is definitely not enough. The solution is obvious — a powerful pump.
- The use of several circuits at once usually forces the installation of the same number of pressure systems. All this increases the expenditure part not only at the time of installation, but also during use.
- Connecting forced circulation automatically makes the system dependent on electricity. Any problems with this type of energy can lead to failure of the heating when the boiler is absolutely working.
Main components of the system
The collector heating system consists of several main elements:
- Expansion tank.
Collector heating of a two-story house
It is important to understand that with a collector heating scheme for a one-story or two-story house, the heating system itself practically does not change. There is also a boiler, expansion tank, pipes and radiators. Of course, in a two-story house, the number of the last two will be greater.
Important is the pressure and fluidity of the coolant. The heating scheme of a two-story house cannot rely on the independent movement of fluid. A pump must be installed in the system. And in some projects, more than one.
So, a pump installed on the return pipe supplies water to the heater, from where it further enters the collector. From this place, the coolant is supplied to all the necessary places. Further, through the return pipes it comes to the corresponding collector. And the cycle repeats.
Each individual project requires its own approach to planning and installing heating for a private house. At the same time, there are still some points that all experts adhere to. So, for example, this system is highly not recommended for use in apartments — in such dimensions it is almost impossible to implement the project.
Basically, in multi-storey buildings, two or even more risers enter a separate room. Each is connected to several heating devices. To implement a parallel plan, you need to connect each radiator to one riser. In other words, all heat supply channels are blocked except for the only one, on which radiators are hung. Such a decision can lead to the fact that the neighbors living above simply do not receive the necessary heat, and may simply freeze.
Such an arrangement in a private house will only affect the owners themselves. The main thing to consider some features:
- The automatic air valve is located directly on the return and supply manifold. They allow you to remove all the air from the system.
- An expansion tank is always mounted in the circuit. Its capacity should not be less than 10% of the total volume of liquid in the system. The price of these devices is relatively low to save. And an increase in the volume of liquid in the system when heated is a must.
- The optimal site for installing an expansion tank is the return line, not reaching the pump. This is due to the structural features of these devices. They do not tolerate turbulence in the flow. At the indicated place, such phenomena are just the least expected.
- Installation of circulation pumps is not a fundamental issue. But in the case of use, experts recommend choosing a return line for installation. In this place, the temperature of the liquid is minimal, which favorably affects the service life of the mechanism.
Important! When mounting the pump, make sure that the shaft is in a horizontal position. Otherwise, some problems may appear in operation.
With collector heating of any private house, it is necessary to say separately about the choice of pipes. To decide, you need to understand the specifics of the wiring. The main points that may influence the choice:
- It is better to give preference to pipes in coils. This allows you to lay the wiring in the screed without any connections.
- In no case should they be afraid of corrosion. In addition, these elements have a long service life. And there is only one reason: unplanned replacement of pipes and major repairs will not please the owner of the house in the future.
- Strength is selected depending on the heating parameters. Usually in a private house, the optimum temperature is from 50 to 75 degrees and pressure up to 2 atmospheres. But for warm floors, heating can be less: from 30 to 40.
Properly installed heating collector wiring guarantees efficiency and safety during system use. Due to the minimum number of connections, the percentage of leakage is reduced to a minimum. In addition, the hidden wiring option looks attractive, which will not violate the overall aesthetics. It is also impossible not to agree that in this way it is much more convenient to control the temperature in each room. Such a system will really appeal to people who value personal comfort.