With the advent of autumn, the temperature in apartments and cottages becomes not very comfortable. Centralized heating has not yet been launched, and it is already noticeably cool outside. It is not surprising that many people try to prepare in advance for this phenomenon, to purchase an effective heater. A panel heater is one of the most efficient devices on the market, which has appeared relatively recently, but has already achieved high popularity. The panel design is due to the fact that it allows you to fully use the available space. During installation, the panel occupies a minimum of space, can be installed on the surface of the ceiling or wall, while it is characterized by an impressive area, which increases the heat transfer coefficient.
Economical panel heaters with low energy consumption are represented by several groups.
Carbon infrared models for wall mounting
Heating is carried out by an internal carbon-based element. The principle of operation is based on the production of infrared radiation, due to which the transfer of thermal energy is carried out. To some extent, the effect of convection also takes place, the cold air of the room comes into contact with the heated surface of the device, naturally rises upwards, and the air masses are constantly circulated. The mass of these devices is small, which simplifies installation.
An additional feature is that anions are generated during operation, that is, negatively charged particles that improve the microclimate of the room, contributing to the effective deposition of dust.
The outer plane of the device reaches a temperature of at most 80 degrees, that is, dust and oxygen do not burn, but you can get a burn if you carelessly handle it. If there are children at home, the installation is carried out taking into account this feature. Modern modifications of this technique are complemented by temperature controllers, thanks to which the microclimate settings are adjusted, and energy consumption is reduced. However, you can see them only on high power devices, from a kilowatt.
Inside this device is a ceramic heating plate, thanks to which a uniform distribution of heat energy is achieved without significant heating of the surface. The peculiarity of the model lies in the significant thermal inertia, however, the heating of the room is achieved in a fairly short period of time. The heat from these panels is quite soft, forming a pleasant microclimate. Some disadvantage lies in the large weight, complicating installation.
The base of the case is made of quartz sand, and inside there are several metal spirals. First, the contents of the panel are heated directly, it begins to accumulate heat and transfer it to the room. This feature explains the significant thermal inertia of the device, full heating occurs only after 25 minutes. However, the same feature explains that the panel will cool down gradually, even when it is turned off, it will be able to heat the room.
Unfortunately, this is not the best option if there are small children in the family, because the surface heats up to 95 degrees, so you will either have to install it at an inaccessible height, or take care of a protective screen.
The increase in air temperature in the room is achieved mainly due to convection, but there is also infrared radiation. In fact, this device can be classified as an electric convector, but the improvement with quartz sand made it possible to increase the inertia and reduce the surface temperature, so that dust and oxygen are not burned.
The most unusual appliances for the home. In fact, they are devices with carbon elements, but the outer surface is decorated with a pattern or photograph, so they do not look like utilitarian devices, but like paintings.
In the form of panels, more traditional devices are also produced, which have been known for several decades:
- Modular radiator. Structurally, this device is very similar to the analogue of water heating, but is intended for autonomous use. Most often, the device works according to the “dry” principle, that is, steel rod heaters are located inside.
- Heater-convector panel type. In terms of design, this is a fairly simple device, inside of which there is a heat exchanger, and outside — a convection chamber, which also performs the function of protection, forms the overall appearance of the equipment. The principle of operation is completely based on convection. Modern modifications are quite economical, as well as completely safe, the heating of the case reaches a maximum of 60 degrees, that is, it is impossible to get burned. It should be remembered that reaching the set temperature in the room using this technique will take 20-30 minutes, you should not count on instant work.
In order for the device not only to be effective, but also to work for many years, it is necessary to responsibly approach the installation:
- For installation, it is better to choose walls or ceilings (the junction of the wall with floor slabs).
- When fixing, mechanical methods should be used, that is, dowels, screws, brackets. It is necessary to ensure that the strength of these elements is sufficient to withstand the mass of the heater without problems.
Advantages of panels
To sum up the advantages that all panel heaters have, regardless of the type of heating element:
- Saving space in the room, as unused wall and ceiling planes are used for installation;
- Stylish appearance;
- Manufacturability, energy saving;
- Easy to install;
- Possibility of further decoration and hiding under protective panels without sacrificing efficiency, if the interior of the room so requires.
If we talk about which devices are better, then it will not be possible to give a definite answer to this question. Each situation must be considered on an individual basis. For example, for a city apartment, you should choose an infrared option that is optimal for continuous operation, demonstrating efficiency. For the purpose of periodic use in the country or in a country house, a convector is better suited.