Currently, there is a great variety of fireplaces in shape, style and size. New models are constantly being developed and existing models are being improved. This is how the mini fireplace was born. It is a small universal hearth, which is ideal for small country houses or summer cottages.
In addition to the ability to warm the room, they save space at home and perfectly decorate its interior.
Varieties of mini fireplaces.
Mini heating devices are used for heating both country houses and cottages, and apartments. According to the type of fuel used, the following types of devices are distinguished:
Wood-burning mini fireplaces are heating structures that run on wood, but are small in size. As a rule, they are popular in summer cottages.
Their construction requires a chimney. And also you need to take care of a sufficient supply of firewood.
Important! Wood-burning facilities, to ensure uninterrupted operation, need a regular supply of fuel.
In turn, wood mini stoves, depending on the material of manufacture, are divided into:
- finished fireplace inserts;
- fireplace stoves.
Ready-made fireplace inserts are a heating device with a closed firebox, powered by pellet fuel or wood. This is a great option for a small cottage. Despite the small size of the device, it is required to have:
- a chimney, which can be used, for example, a steel pipe;
- brick foundation for the firebox.
The fireplace stove is very small in size and does not require the construction of a foundation, it can be cast iron or steel. To connect it, a chimney is required.
Advantages of the fireplace stove:
- heat-resistant glass door protects against sparks and accidental ignition;
- are lightweight, so they can be installed on the upper and attic floors of the house;
- in modern models it is possible to install a plate;
- the original design transforms the interior of the house, the presence of a living fire allows you to feel unity with nature.
Gas mini fireplaces structurally look like a gas burner, closed with glass. Such devices require a gas supply, the construction of an exhaust, and perform a more heating role.
In modern apartments where there is no gas pipeline, this type of small structure is not available. For a country house in a gasified area, this is an ideal option, as it does not require a constant supply of fuel.
See also: examples of gazebos with a fireplace!
Electric mini fireplaces are small heater-like structures that simulate the burning of a flame in the hearth. This option is great for an apartment.
The main advantages are:
- ease of installation and maintenance;
- do not require the construction of a chimney and fuel procurement;
- have a stylish design and serve as a great addition to the interior;
- variety of forms and parameters;
- have good heating capacity;
- modern models are supplemented with various functions, for lovers of naturalness, for example, there is a mode for crackling firewood in the hearth.
The disadvantages of electric fireplaces include:
- dependence on electricity;
- high power consumption.
Small heating devices for apartments have not so much a heating value as a decorative one — they decorate the interior, create a recreation and reception area, make the space of the room more comfortable and bright.
Biofireplaces. This category of mini devices is universal and can be installed in any room. Bioethanol is used as fuel, which does not give off when burned.
- Such designs are completely environmentally friendly; during the combustion of fuel, there is no danger of coal and sparks falling out.
- There is no need for an extractor hood, normal ventilation is sufficient.
The following types of designs are available:
Important! Since it is a source of fire, the biofireplace must be installed away from sources of ignition such as books and curtain fabrics.
In biofireplaces, fuel is consumed very economically. In modern models, it is possible to regulate the strength of the flame and the duration of burning.
Mini fireplaces also differ in the direction of the radiated heat. The following design options are available:
- with one-way directivity of radiation;
- with a two-way orientation;
- with a tripartite focus.
With a one-sided direction of heat radiation, they are the most common, they do an excellent job of heating small rooms.
With double-sided direction of heat radiation, they have more diverse forms of construction, but require more air volume, increase the protected area under the furnace, and at the same time have an average heating capacity. Such heaters are well suited for country houses.
With a three-way directivity of heat radiation, they look more interesting, but they require an even more protected area and are able to heat rooms with a larger quadrature.
Features of installing a mini fireplace.
When designing stoves that carry open flames, it is important to plan their installation away from objects with an unprotected surface, to avoid contact with paper, curtains and other flammable objects.
- Installation of electric mini fireplaces is possible in different parts of the room, the main thing is the availability of access to an electrical outlet.
In addition to the heating function, many appliances are used as decorative elements, so they should also be placed in an interesting way, in harmony with the rest of the situation.
Building a mini fireplace for a summer residence with your own hands.
If you decide to create a small fireplace with your own hands, you need to decide on its shape and size, taking into account the area of \u200b\u200bthe room, as well as the installation location, taking into account fire safety rules.
For high-quality and safe operation, the following requirements must be taken into account:
- recommended firebox size for brick construction: 0.2-0.25 m2;
- firebox depth at least 0.3 m2.
A small cottage fireplace can be laid out with your own hands — it’s much easier than laying out a large stove, and is a great solution for small spaces.
It is not necessary to be an expert in this field, it is enough to have basic knowledge, follow the advice and recommendations. With self-laying, you can create any shape, design and size you like.
- If the area of the house is not more than 20 m2then the recommended dimensions of the future structure: 1020 mm by 510 mm.
On both walls of the structure, it is necessary to leave channels for cool air to get inside, which is then heated and exits the hole in 12-14 rows. This improves the heating capacity of a small fireplace.
At a height of 11-12 rows on the back wall, it is necessary to arrange a smoke tooth and install a cleaning door that allows you to remove soot.
- The chimney for a small hearth is laid out in the form of a rectangle with sides of 260 mm and 130 mm.
- When laying out the elements of the fireplace, it is necessary to use heat-resistant grades of bricks, and when creating a firebox, only fireclay bricks are used.
- As a mortar for masonry, a mixture of clay and fine sand, cleaned of impurities, is used.
For a small stove, it may be necessary to strengthen the floor or build a base.
The ordering scheme for a mini fireplace is simple to implement and is shown in the figure below. When laying, it is necessary to ensure that the thickness of the joints does not exceed 5 mm.
Important! The thinner the seams when laying the fireplace, the higher its heating capacity.
Do-it-yourself mini fireplace for a country house video:
Do not forget to properly care for your fireplace, periodically clean it from soot and soot. And then he will delight you with beauty for a long time, and give healing warmth.