When installing any pipeline, it is important to properly fix it. The reliability of any future system directly depends on the quality of this operation. When attaching steel pipes to a wall, you need to follow the rules for performing this work, choose high-quality fasteners, and preliminarily calculate the design scheme. This will create a reliable communication system that will last a long time.
Types of fasteners
Steel pipes are attached to the wall using several types of fasteners:
- Special staples.
- Clamps of the required configuration.
All elements must be selected taking into account the outer diameter of the system to be installed, the requirements for the appearance of the line, and possibly the frequency of mounting and dismantling connections, joining flanges and the entire structure.
Without reliable fastenings, it is impossible to lay a pipeline. First you need to choose an element suitable for your conditions, and correctly assemble the system.
The design is the same for large and smallest clamps, the kit includes:
|half rings||Allows you to securely clamp the pipe. Two half-rings are connected together with bolts, they allow you to adjust the compression force.|
|Rubber gaskets||They are put on half rings, they serve to clamp the pipe tightly, reduce the vibration that occurs when pumping liquid.|
|Stud fastening||It is welded to the half ring, it has threads with a diameter of 8-10 mm, it is used for the installation of pipelines. The length can be different 80-180 mm. When purchasing clamps, you need to calculate the required length of this element, taking into account the design of the pipeline.|
The advantage of these products is their long service life and reliability, the disadvantage is that it is inconvenient to hide from the eyes indoors.
Many people know such elements, with their help they install mainly thin pipelines, they differ in that:
- Polystyrene is used in the production — a reliable and durable material that serves for a long time, successfully resists external influences.
- Products can be single and double, the design speeds up the laying of the system.
- It is possible to assemble the required structure from several elements for laying different branches (for example, pipelines with cold and hot water) thanks to the grooves on the products.
- Special clips are able to hold pipes with a diameter of 15-50 mm.
- They are installed using self-tapping screws or dowels, which simplifies installation.
Similar to clips, these products have their own characteristics:
- The main difference is the closed fastener, with its help you fix the pipe, and not just snap it. This increases reliability, which is important on vertical systems.
- They produce 2 types of products, in the first, a self-tapping screw holds the clamp holding the pipeline and fixes the mount in the wall. In the second version, the snap-on part is separated from the self-tapping screw and, for dismantling the installed steel pipes, it is not necessary to unscrew the screws.
- There are products in which dowels are bought separately, they attract with their cheapness.
They make it possible to securely fix the laid pipeline.
Manufactured from galvanized steel for durability. They are used in places where durability and reliability are important. Pay attention to the thickness of the bracket, thick metal can withstand heavy loads:
- The classic design is a curved bracket with two legs, on both sides of which there are lugs for installation in place. The most important thing is to choose the appropriate diameter of the products.
- The second option is a bracket in the form of a P-shaped product, in which 2 strips are connected together and have one hole for installing products. They are well suited for mounted water pipes, corrugations and so on. They can clamp pipes with a diameter of 10-120 mm.
- Staples with one foot are used for light loads.
Products can be used together with a rubber gasket to securely fix and reduce possible vibrations.
Choice of pipe fastening
The easiest and cheapest way is to fix the pipes with non-separable brackets. Clamps with a rubber gasket installed in them will cost a little more, but they are convenient to install and in the future you can dismantle the required part of the pipeline, for example, to replace steel pipes, and then reassemble the system. Brackets are used infrequently, mainly when installing complex pipelines.
When laying steel structures, do not forget that when they are filled with water, they weigh a lot. Therefore, you need to choose devices that can withstand the total mass of the highway. It is important to choose the right element that rigidly connects it to the wall, it can be an anchor or a dowel. You need to take into account the total weight of the system and the fluid moving through it, and then divide this mass by the number of attachment points. As a result, you will get the weight acting on one anchor (dowel).
It is necessary to take into account the load-bearing qualities of the wall material. When installing a pipeline made of steel pipes on concrete walls, there will be no problems with reliability. When fastening the structure to walls made of wood, gas block and similar materials, with a low shear or tear force, you will have to buy more powerful fasteners. On such material, it is desirable to make more attachment points for the system for reliable fastening.
Steel Pipe Installation Tips
The installation of the pipeline is carried out by following several mandatory rules:
- The vertical installation of the laying line is performed using more fasteners, compared with the installation in a horizontal position.
- When installing steel pipes of small thickness, more fixation points must be made than when installing large products.
- On the bend at the bottom of the vertically fixed pipe, in the area where it goes into the horizontal, you need to fix an additional clamp. It is unacceptable that the deforming load from the vertical branch of the system is directly transferred to the «bed».
- When installing a riser not exceeding 3m, fastenings can be omitted. If the system turns out to be longer than 3 m, then a mount must be installed in the center of the floor.
- Pipes leading to heating appliances must be carried out by installing fasteners every 1.5 m.
A simple table will allow you to choose the appropriate pitch between individual fasteners on horizontal sections:
Cross section mm
|Maximum distance between supports of steel pipelines in meters|
These data will allow you to determine the required distance between the individual fasteners for pipes of different diameters.
Any systems must be mounted taking into account the temperature regime. When the air is heated or at a high temperature of the coolant, the metal inevitably expands, this cannot be completely eliminated by laying reinforced pipes. Assembly of the heating system is best done using a sliding joint or plastic brackets.
Required space between support points according to SNIP
A suitable distance between the pipeline support points is an important characteristic for the operation of the system. The points where the fasteners are installed make it possible to evenly distribute the existing load, to minimize possible stress. When laying heating mains, successfully distribute the temperature load.
The characteristics given in the SNiP tables contain the requirements for the allowable free space between the fixed supports, taking into account the purpose of the system. These data must be in the tables, which greatly simplify the calculation of the system. Do not forget that the table does not contain recommended data, but the specific distance corresponding to SNiP, at what distance, what fasteners and how many should be installed.
The choice of suitable holders directly depends on the features of the system being mounted and the level of future load on the elements used. The free location of the pipeline is required where the effect of expansion under the influence of high temperature is possible. Suitable fasteners allow the expanding elements to move freely when heated, but hold the system well on the wall surface.