The use of modern technologies is observed in all human activities. They can significantly reduce labor costs and speed up almost any workflow. When working with pipes, the technique of television inspection is used. Next, consider what it is, what types it happens, and how it is carried out.
What is teleinspection of sewer pipes
To begin with, let’s figure out what a television inspection for sewer pipes is. It consists of a complex of equipment, the main of which is a video recorder. With its help, television inspection of pipelines takes place without opening them. The device is lowered into the inner cavity of the sewer pipe.
Why is it done and when is it required?
Conducting video diagnostics of sewer pipes is aimed at quickly identifying weaknesses in pipes. The study of the state of the internal cavities of the pipes, without disassembling them, using a video recorder, allows you to identify the resulting defects. In the future, they are eliminated by methods from the outside, or by using devices for working from the inside.
Teleinspection of sewer pipes may be required in such cases:
- When there is a need to connect to the existing sewerage system. In this case, the use of a telediagnostics system will be needed to assess the state of the site of the planned connection of a new drain.
- For localization of the place of damage and its further repair in a particular node. This results in lower costs for full excavation or excavation from a common riser. Such work is carried out for the early detection of wall wear, which manifests itself during the planned aging of equipment or in emergency conditions. With the formation of large breakdowns in sewer pipes, problems may arise with soil subsidence or pouring walls along the riser, depending on the laying method. These factors cause significant harm to the ecological state of the environment. Therefore, the use of this equipment is relevant.
- Diagnosis of the condition of sewer pipes. The procedure is necessary when operating devices using a telemetry system. It is aimed at identifying probable defects at an early stage of formation. This allows you to significantly reduce the cost of scheduled work. It will not be necessary to dismantle worn-out sections of the sewer. To eliminate the identified defects, robots are used that strengthen the weakened areas.
- When blockages are formed in the sewerage system of private and public buildings. With the equipment, you can quickly determine the location of the blockage. This will allow you to take appropriate measures to restore the normal passage inside the sewer. With video inspection during scheduled inspections, it is possible to determine the places where build-ups are likely to form, which can lead to congestion.
- To analyze the condition of newly installed pipes to be put into operation. The procedure is mandatory. In the process of acceptance of sewerage pipelines, the television inspection system is able to determine the installation work carried out. If necessary, identified defects are eliminated. As a rule, all costs are borne by the contractor who carried out the installation work.
The technique is aimed at checking the absence of such shortcomings:
- the presence of accumulations of various types of garbage;
- presence of foreign objects in the pipeline;
- observation of unreliable connecting seams in the joints;
- the presence of mechanical damage on the internal cavity of the sewer pipes.
Video diagnostics for sewer pipes can be carried out by systems that differ in modification and type of execution. Their base part has identical elements. It consists of equipment:
- surveillance camera, which is placed in the sewers;
- places for unwinding the cable of the camera and monitor for visual inspection;
- a rigid cord for pushing the camera;
- LEDs designed to improve illumination during video shooting;
- sensors to determine the distance;
- monitor to display the image from the surveillance camera.
The surveillance camera is designed in such a way as to focus the shooting in the center. This allows the operator to view the walls of the sewer pipe in full. Also, the camera is made with increased protection against moisture and dirt particles.
With a rigid cord, you can change the direction of the camera shooting. This allows you to consider in detail the required section of the sewer. A device with sensors that determine the distance traveled by the device. This allows you to accurately determine the location of blockage or damage. When using the device without a connecting cable, control with a remote control.
Benefits of TV Inspection
The use of a sewer video diagnostic system contributes to a quick assessment of the condition and finding damaged areas without dismantling the pipeline. The system can significantly reduce labor costs during such work. It has the following advantages:
- When carrying out periodic inspections of the sewer, complex repairs can be avoided, as well as the development of an emergency situation can be prevented.
- The video surveillance system allows you to see the smallest defects in the cavity.
- The operation will require a minimum amount of time.
- You can control states over a considerable length, without violating their integrity.
- Work with the television inspection system does not require measures to dismantle the sewer.
The production of works begins with the preparation of equipment. First, a monitor is installed to receive an image in front of the analyzed pipeline. Then comes the introduction of the surveillance camera into the studied section of the sewer.
When using a push-through TV inspection system, the operator gradually unwinds a reel with a rigid cord, at the end of which a video camera is located. The device moves along the internal cavity.
The camera has a high resolution and is equipped with LED backlight, which allows you to better see all the shortcomings inside. The image is transmitted to the operator’s monitor. With sensors built into the camera, the distance traveled is monitored. This allows you to accurately determine the location of the damage.
To change the viewing angle in the internal cavity, the operator needs to change the location of the cord by scrolling it. In the future, the received information is studied, and a plan of the required work is outlined, depending on the nature of the damage.
In the case of using self-propelled television inspection devices, the operator launches an automatic robot into the internal sewerage cavity. Its movement will be by remote control. This provides the possibility of changing the angle of the shooting direction of the video camera. The device is also equipped with sensors to monitor the distance traveled. At the end of the work, you will need to study the received video in detail. On its basis, draw a conclusion about the need for repair work.
Types of television inspection systems
There are various types of television inspections. Their design and characteristics may differ depending on the tasks to be solved. Important is the complexity of the execution of sewer pipes. According to the mode of action, floating and pushing devices are distinguished.
Television inspection systems for sewerage are divided into the following types:
- Push-through — they are based on a rigid cord with a cable to transmit an image to a video surveillance monitor. The cord is used to push the DVR through the internal cavity.
- Self-propelled — capable of independently moving along the pipe channels using remote control.
- Satellite — such systems are equipped with two or more video cameras. They are designed for a comprehensive analysis of sewer pipes with many branches.
The systems are designed to work in pipes with a diameter of 25 to 2000 millimeters. The duration of the device depends on the specific modification. The longest length of the device is 250 meters. Currently, systems are being developed for work along a length of up to five hundred meters.
The simplest systems for monitoring the condition of pipes only allow you to transfer the picture to the operator’s monitor. When using more advanced systems, you can use the video recording mode for further detailed analysis. Systems differ in the type of camera used. They have an extension, the higher it is, the better the picture is transmitted to the operator’s monitor. Modifications of devices differ in functionality and price.
The use of the sewerage teleinspection system allows obtaining information about their condition. The procedure for performing the work is simple and does not require much labor. With systems, it is possible to quickly identify and eliminate defects without dismantling the existing sewer pipe. This reduces the risk of major breakdowns, which are accompanied by high economic costs and adverse environmental impacts.