The garage has long ceased to be exclusively a place for storing personal vehicles. Someone keeps a supply of food here, stores the harvest harvested at the dacha, harvested pickles, some prefer to equip their own workshop, while someone manages to turn the garage into a cozy house for gatherings of a male company. Of course, in order for all this to be possible, it is necessary to take care in advance of maintaining a comfortable microclimate at the facility, because not everywhere there is a centralized heating main. Autonomous efficient heating in the garage not only makes staying in it as comfortable as possible, but also provides many other advantages.
So, a debugged heating system has a whole set of positive features:
- If the internal temperature exceeds 5 degrees, and the ventilation is sufficient, then no condensation will form inside the room, which is detrimental to the body parts of the vehicle.
- Low temperatures make it difficult to start the engine, increase the thickness of the oil, and reduce the capacity of the battery. Frost is also detrimental to parts made of rubber and rubber, they lose their original elasticity and service life.
- Getting into a warm car is much more pleasant, there are no difficulties with opening locks, the engine warms up softer and faster, and this directly contributes to an increase in resource.
Of course, the organization of the heating system involves certain efforts and financial costs, but the result, nevertheless, is worth it.
Before you start heating work, you should insulate your garage. If the heat loss through the walls, floor and roof is too high, then even the use of powerful equipment, burning huge amounts of fuel will be ineffective.
Warming work is carried out in the following order:
- The tightness of the fit to the planes of windows and doors is checked;
- Walls are insulated, panels made of stone wool or other similar material are mounted;
- roof insulation;
- Gate insulation;
- Floor insulation. Surprisingly, a significant proportion of the heat produced also goes into the ground, and very few motorists know about it.
At the preparation stage, in addition to insulation, it is recommended to take care of an effective ventilation system. Its task is to maintain an optimal level of air humidity in the room, as well as to quickly remove combustion products, which guarantees safety. Practice shows that with an increased moisture content, rusty spots on the car body appear in just a couple of years.
Heating for a garage can be based on the use of the following systems:
- Boilers and furnaces on solid fuel. Popular options, but quite dangerous, requiring unconditional compliance with fire safety rules. A significant advantage is the cheapness of fuel, this is especially true for rural areas, where you can easily find firewood. However, the system is not suitable for constant heating, because a person needs to add fuel every few hours.
- Electricity. We are talking not only about electric boilers, but also about heat guns, convectors, infrared emitters and films. The method is convenient and safe, but you will have to pay well for these advantages, the price of a kilowatt increases year by year.
- The gas method involves the installation of boilers and convection units. The main inconvenience is the high cost of installation, but when connected to the main line, even it quickly pays off. If cylinders are used, then the cost of the method approaches electricity.
- Liquid fuel. Most motorists have stocks of gasoline and diesel in their garages that can be used for burning in a boiler. However, this technology cannot be classified as cheap (the price of fuel and lubricants, again, increases from year to year), in addition, it will not do without the formation of large volumes of combustion products.
If there is a house nearby…
If the garage is located near the cottage, then a single heating circuit can be used to heat the objects, which is quite convenient and economical. Owners only need to take a responsible approach to the setup process, remember that in the garage there is no need to maintain temperatures that are relevant for residential premises, even 5-10 degrees will be enough. However, even if there is about 50 meters from the cottage to the garage, it is possible to form a single system. You will have to insulate the pipe to minimize heat loss, and also lay it below the freezing mark. Circulation pumps are used to ensure optimal pressure. If it is impossible to create a single contour, it is worth focusing on specific conditions:
- If the garage is located in a cooperative that does not have its own highway, then the management is unlikely to give approval for the use of liquid or solid fuel boilers. The problem will have to be solved by installing electric heating devices, whether it be a heat gun, a convector or an infrared emitter. It is worth preparing in advance for the increase in costs.
- In partnerships, in which garages are located wall to wall with each other, it is possible to mount common boilers on gas, electricity or solid fuel. You will have to take care of obtaining a lot of necessary permits, but the end result will justify these efforts.
Selection of a system based on the intensity of use of the facility
Each garage has its own purpose, which determines how often people appear in it:
- The constant operation of the vehicle in the winter is the need to maintain a stable 5-degree temperature in the room.
- Operating the vehicle from time to time. There is no need to constantly maintain the temperature; mobile heating installations, for example, heat guns or small solid fuel stoves, can be preferred to a full-fledged system.
- If the garage is used regularly, like a workshop, then a combined scheme or a system with automatic temperature control turns out to be the most economical. In the presence of people, the temperature automatically rises, and in the absence of it, it drops to the minimum marks that prevent the coolant from freezing.
Recommended: Choosing the most economical way to heat your garage.
So, autonomous garage heating, equipped with your own hands, is not a luxury, but an urgent need. It really helps to extend the life of the car, protects it from corrosion, increased engine wear during warm-up and other negative phenomena. When choosing a methodology, it is recommended to carefully weigh all the pros and cons, to stop at a scheme, the implementation of which will be beneficial both in terms of the funds spent and the results achieved. The main thing to remember is strict adherence to fire safety rules, as well as instructions for installing specific equipment.