Residents of high-rise city buildings remember about heating only in situations when an accident occurs. Indeed, a centralized highway eliminates many problems, eliminates the need to monitor equipment, carry out scheduled inspections and repairs — all this is done by housing and communal services specialists. Quite another matter — the inhabitants of their own cottages. They have to not only choose the cheapest home heating, but also implement the scheme, purchase the appropriate equipment, and organize maintenance. The issue of saving in such a situation is especially acute, all the saved funds can be spent on more pressing needs. To save as much money as possible, we recommend that you approach this issue in a comprehensive manner.
The cheapest heating of a private house can be equipped on the basis of a gas boiler. If a highway is laid near the cottage, then you should not hesitate, you must immediately submit requests for permits, purchase equipment and proceed with installation. Yes, at the stage of installation and purchase, you will have to spend an impressive amount, but in the process of use, everything will pay off in full.
It will be possible to heat your own house cheaply with the help of solid fuel. Firewood, peat and wood briquettes — all this is quite cheap, you have to put up with some operational inconvenience, the need to regularly put new batches of fuel into the furnace, but the economic benefit is worth it.
If we talk about liquid fuel, then in a private house its use is undesirable. The reason is simple — every year an increase in diesel prices is fixed, if a few years ago it was possible to talk about this technique as financially profitable, now everything is completely different. To this should be added the need for equipment for the boiler of a separate room, spacious enough to organize the storage area for tanks or cans of fuel. Another drawback: the emissions of such fuel are rather unpleasant, not everyone can stand the smell of unburned diesel fuel.
Electricity and derivatives
Heating the building with electricity deserves a separate discussion. By itself, such a boiler is able to heat the building only partially, the operating costs are too high, and therefore the purchase of a device of the appropriate power can lead to huge utility bills. However, some electricity-based schemes can be set up at home with your own hands, and they will turn out to be cost-effective and reliable:
- infrared heat sources. There is no need to mount the boiler, lay pipes. Infrared devices are easily mounted under the ceiling or on the plane of the walls, they look stylish and fit perfectly into any interior. Their profitability is already visible in the first month of operation, heating bills will be reduced by almost 60 percent.
- Infrared film. The film is placed under linoleum or laminate, evenly heats the room throughout the volume.
There are disadvantages of infrared heating: the costs are still higher than with gas heating. The likelihood of fogging windows increases if the rays do not fall on the window sill (convection currents are weaker than with traditional heating). An unexpected power outage is much more likely than a gas outage. In the case of an open installation of reflectors under the ceiling, there are unpleasant sensations, as they say, «the bald head burns, and the legs freeze.»
Economical heating can also be organized using renewable energy sources. If in your area the number of relatively warm sunny days is large enough, then the use of solar energy batteries looks quite reasonable and rational. The panels can perform both the main function and the auxiliary one, turning on in situations where there are interruptions on the main line. The novelty was the use of heat pumps, which allow you to minimize heating costs, but equipment and installation work are the most expensive of all types of heat generators.
How else to achieve savings?
To create cheap heating for your private house, you should not only carefully choose the optimal boiler model and the type of fuel used. Good savings can also be made at the stages of acquisition and installation of equipment.
- Choice of equipment. Explore the market for the proposed units. In order to establish efficient and stable heating, it is not necessary to chase devices from famous imported brands at a huge price. In modern stores, domestic equipment with good parameters is also widely represented, the democratic price of which is achieved by the absence of tax fees and minimal transportation costs. Of course, the cheapest boiler from an unknown manufacturer is also not a good choice, it is necessary to achieve a balance between cost and quality. This will help the opinions of experts, widely represented on the Internet, reviews, as well as reviews of real buyers.
- Store selection. A heating boiler can be purchased in a specialized supermarket, which attracts attention with bright advertising and an abundance of colored signs, and in the market. The cost of the same device in such cases often differs by an order of magnitude. Of course, specialized stores often offer more favorable service conditions, are ready to help with delivery, but evaluate whether such assistance really compensates for the price difference. In the process of finding a suitable store, do not forget about various promotions and discounts. Regular monitoring of the market will allow you to “catch” the desired model with a good discount.
- Choice of installation team. The most expensive option is to contact specialists. In such a situation, both high quality and impressive expenses are guaranteed, which can reach up to half of the original price of the equipment. If we talk about gas units, it is better to dwell on this option, the price of a mistake is too high. Heating can also be organized by self-taught masters, and this option is far from always worse than the first one, again, we recommend paying attention to the recommendations and reviews of previous customers. The most economical way is to work on your own. In the case of simple heating systems, it is quite feasible and safe.
- Selection of pipe laying method, selection of components and materials. In a private house, heating will show itself well, assuming the circulation of a coolant in a single-pipe system. Cost reduction is achieved by reducing the footage of pipes, which is 2 times higher with a two-pipe scheme. Some disadvantage lies in the difficulty of adjustment, without which the batteries most distant from the boiler may turn out to be too cool. If we talk about the material, then it is quite possible to dwell on models made of polypropylene. They are not afraid of corrosion, pressure drops, bend easily, which simplifies the installation process.
- Choosing the Right Designer. If during the design process we calculate the heat loss of the building, then we can say exactly what the heating costs will be on the coldest days of the year. If the number of kilowatts spent is “not affordable”, then it is necessary to recalculate with an increased thickness of thermal insulation. In Europe, houses of «zero» energy consumption or even energy-surplus houses are being created, and this is happening, but the costs of building such facilities are very high, as long as these are experiments at the level of the state or oligarchs. Proper site planning helps to reduce heating costs on sunny days. For example, a building overgrown on the south side with tall evergreen trees and shrubs does not receive the necessary calories. If these plants are located on the north side, then the building will be less blown by north winds. When calculating heat loss in this case, it is taken into account that the south side of the building loses 10 percent less heat (sunlight, the north wind does not fall).
It turns out that your house, with some effort, will be simpler and more economical in terms of heating than a city apartment. Heating can really be inexpensive, you just need to take a responsible approach to the choice of technology, evaluate all the positive and negative points, spend enough time searching for information and monitoring the market!