Electric boilers have recently become very popular. This is primarily due to their performance. They are easy to use and install, safe, compact. Therefore, many people want to know how to choose a boiler for heating a private house. After all, in order for it to work, it needs electricity. Another important factor is the relatively low cost, if we consider other types of units.
Electric heating boilers are installations that allow the use of an ecological source that does not pollute the environment and does not harm humans. Such units are often used in conjunction with indirect heating tanks. Some use them as an additional source of heat.
The main components that are needed to create a good system:
- expansion tank;
- safety valve;
- Control block.
What should you pay attention to?
Before choosing an electric boiler for heating, you need to know some basic points.
It can be carried out through networks of 220V or 380V. Units whose power does not exceed 12 kW are connected to any of the two types. But devices that consume more energy need to be connected only to the second option. Therefore, first of all, you need to consider the performance of the local network. Before buying, be sure to consult with experts.
There are heating elements, induction and electrode devices. The latter uses a special technology that has a number of limitations. Before buying, you need to check everything with a consultant.
Before choosing an electric boiler for heating a private house, it is also important to know about power adjustment. Depending on the structure of the unit itself, it can be smooth and stepped. Electrical devices often have separate heating elements. To set the desired temperature and the corresponding energy consumption, you can simply turn off some of them. Such an adjustment is just called stepwise. Most often, three elements are installed inside. One heats up to half the maximum power, and the other two only a quarter. Therefore, four options are provided — from 25 to 100%.
If precise and smooth adjustment is needed, a rheostat must be installed in the design of the unit. Cheap low-power boilers do not have such a detail.
The electric boiler in the maximum set, which it is supplied from the manufacturer, does not require additional components. Therefore, this option can be called the most profitable, although not always cheap. It is important to understand that if you buy an inexpensive device, you will have to additionally purchase separate blocks. Together with the cost of installation, this will definitely cost more.
Important! The system will work poorly without a pump, valve, filter and expansion tank.
Wall-mounted boilers are considered the most popular, as they save space. Floor-standing options are usually designed for large systems that use a lot of coolant.
In addition, before choosing an electric boiler for heating, it is necessary to weigh all the positive and negative sides.
This equipment has a lot of advantages:
- Application. The devices are offered in a sufficient power range — you can choose models from 2 to 60 kW. Units up to 20 kW are used mainly for the home. More powerful options are more suitable for industrial premises. To ensure productivity and reliability, individual devices are often mounted in a cascade system.
- Energy efficiency. The main advantage of modern installations is the stepped power level. This is what makes it possible to save money while using it.
- Environmental friendliness. This effect is ensured due to the absence of the combustion process. Therefore, there is no need to create a separate room. In addition, there is no need to install a chimney. All this again makes it possible to save space. Particularly well suited for commercial objects.
- Ease of management. Due to the independent interaction between the temperature controllers and the programmer, automatic operation is ensured. This also allows electronics to choose the best option in terms of the energy expended and the result obtained.
- Convenience. Quiet operation, simple operation, durability and relatively low price.
Before choosing an electric boiler for heating a private house, it is also important to consider some of the disadvantages of installing this equipment:
- The cost of electricity. Despite all the positive aspects in the use of electrical equipment, they still cannot cover the overall price tag for the energy consumed. The use of such units in any case costs the owners more than gas or solid fuel installations. In such cases, many have found a way out in connecting a tank to accumulate excess heat. This allows you to significantly reduce your costs.
- Dependence on electricity. Choosing this equipment, you need to immediately understand that it is 100% tied to the current. In the event of a line break or any interruptions, the device turns off. And in no case should such a situation be allowed during the heating period, otherwise the entire system may fail. In the case of using an electric boiler as the main one, it is imperative to have an alternative with which it will be possible to prevent the cooling of the room and the entire building. For large houses, this can be a solid fuel boiler. And in small ones — a fireplace.
- Suitable wiring. If the building is just being built, it is possible to provide wires in it that will be used by boilers of different power. And in the presence of an existing building, sometimes there may be problems connecting the device due to the insufficient capacity of the local electrical network.
Which boiler is better to choose?
Units for space heating are of foreign and domestic production. In the latter, a simple design is provided, and relatively inexpensive components are installed inside. Most often they have a step adjustment. All this allows you to make the cost lower than imported ones, as well as reduce the cost of possible repairs.
Foreign devices have a more complex design and smooth adjustment. In addition, some additional features are often provided for convenient use. One of them can be called programming work for some time in advance. But they also have a corresponding cost.
An electric boiler is a good option that can easily provide heating for a home. He has a lot of advantages. Although there are some disadvantages. There are many factors to keep in mind when choosing the right installation. If all of them are taken into account, it will be a pleasure to use this system.