The basis of the autonomous water system is a mixing group for underfloor heating and this is a great alternative to radiator heating of apartments, country houses and cottages. Depending on the device, stations with minimal energy costs (heating of the coolant up to 35 C) are able to heat rooms with almost any area.
Purpose and device of the node
The main purpose of the pump-mixing group for underfloor heating is to supply a coolant of a given temperature to each circuit separately. If the area is large, then a separate heating circuit is created for each room.
There are several connection schemes:
Due to the high productivity and efficiency, in most cases sequential mixing is used — in the process, the heat carrier enters immediately to the consumer through the circulation pump (heat losses are minimal). When connected in parallel, part of the heat is lost.
The underfloor heating mixer device includes the following elements:
- self-regulating feed valve;
- circulation pump and temperature sensor;
- safety valve and bypass.
Advice! Subject to the installation rules, there is no difficulty in connecting, but in the absence of experience in this area, it is better to immediately turn to professionals for help, this will save not only time, but money.
Advantages and disadvantages in operation
When considering the capabilities and characteristics of the system, which includes a mixing group for underfloor heating, a number of advantages can be distinguished:
- high level of safety — with proper installation, burns are excluded, which is especially important if there are small children in the family;
- savings — the arrangement of water floors reduces heating costs by up to 50% when compared with standard radiators;
- easy care, after washing, the surfaces dry almost immediately, which avoids the formation of fungus and mold;
- long service life — the smallest resource for pipes is at least 50 years;
- thermostatic head on the valve allows you to limit the temperature;
- on the two-way valve there is an electric actuator connected to the thermostat, due to which automatic heating takes place taking into account the temperature outside.
All the advantages presented allow you to create not only an efficient and inexpensive heating system, but also the most favorable microclimate for living.
Advice! During installation, it is required not to forget to leave a certain space under the block from the circuit, free space is necessary for bending pipes.
The mixing group for underfloor heating also has its drawbacks:
- high cost (quickly pays off during operation);
- special attention should be paid to the quality of valves, since the efficiency and service life as a whole depend on the characteristics;
- the circulation pump is powered by electricity, and these are additional costs.
Features and main installation steps
All work on installing a mixer for underfloor heating is carried out according to the schemes and according to a pre-developed project according to the presented sequence:
- a tube is screwed onto the outlet of the 3‑way valve as an extension (about 10 cm long);
- a pump is mounted on the second side, during installation it is necessary to take into account the direction of the coolant supply (the designations are indicated by an arrow on the body);
- the end of the “hot” circuit is connected to the outlet of the pumping equipment;
- connection of the “return” is carried out to the outlet of the 3‑way valve;
- the hot water supply is connected to the inlet valve;
- At the final stage, the system is tested.
Advice! You should not supply a coolant above 80 C — the pipes will withstand this temperature, but the cement screed will begin to collapse after a few hours.
The best pumping and mixing groups for underfloor heating
Manufacturers from many countries of the World represent their products on the market, but the following brands are more popular and in demand:
- The Italian factory SANEXT supplies the whole range of equipment and accessories for the installation of water floors: from pipelines, heat meters to collectors. Pipes are of high quality and are made of cross-linked polyethylene. The three-layer coating allows you to reduce the noise level during operation.
- The German trademark REHAU is known throughout Europe. A distinctive feature of mixers for underfloor heating: minimal noise and the presence of an anti-oxygen barrier. The product comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The German brand AQUATHERM occupies a leading position in the market for the manufacture of components. Many years of experience (the factory was founded in 1973) and constant modernization of production facilities allow us to supply durable and high-quality products.
- The Finnish trademark UPONOR is represented on the American, European and European markets. The company provides consumers with comprehensive solutions from polyethylene pipes and manifolds to automatic control systems.
KERMI (Germany), OVENTROP (Germany), HENCO INDUSTRIES (Belgium), EMMETI (Italy) are also considered popular manufacturers of the mixing group for underfloor heating.