Heating is one of the most important engineering systems in any building. Without it, it is simply impossible to survive the winter period. There are many different ways to heat a room. Recently, a wall-mounted electric boiler has become increasingly popular for this. It is easy to use and has many other benefits.
Design and principle of operation
Wall-mounted gas and electric boilers have a similar design. The main difference is the method of heating the liquid. In electric, this happens due to heating elements.
The operation of the unit is based on the principle of converting current into heat. To do this, special heaters (heaters) are installed in the heat exchanger tank. The temperature of the coolant is raised, which then enters the radiators. This is how the building is heated.
Control is provided by the control unit. A room sensor is responsible for the reaction of the equipment, which monitors the temperature in the room. When it falls, the device sends a signal to the control element, after which the electric boiler begins to heat the corresponding liquid. The pump provides the required pressure in the system. When the temperature rises to the specified mark, the heating mode stops, and after a while the operation of the circulation unit stops.
In most cases, indicators are located on the front side of the unit, as well as an element for regulating heat output.
Modern electric heating boilers have high-quality safety systems. So, for example, the unit is started only after a certain pressure in the system is reached. In this case, control is carried out by a special sensor. In case of exceeding the norm, the security system immediately works, as a result of which the operation of the unit stops.
Such installations are connected to the electrical network exclusively through a voltage stabilizer. For connection of heating the corresponding branch pipes are provided.
In general, the equipment diagram of the heating element of the new version is as follows:
- Control and power unit.
- Status lamps.
- Boiler thermostat.
- Pressure gauge.
- Heating switch.
- Main cutter.
- Expansion tank.
- Connector for connecting an electrical cable.
- Return entry.
- Control connector.
- Spare thermostat.
- Fuse block.
- Air release valve.
- Heating element insulation.
- Pressure switch.
- heating elements.
- Output for heating.
In general, the absence of an open source of flame makes it possible not to install a chimney. In addition, the units operate silently. In this case, control is carried out by means of the front wall, on which all the necessary levers are usually located.
Electric wall-mounted units are divided into two main types according to the heating element:
- TEN — an ordinary nichrome spiral, which is closed on top with an aluminum tube. The main disadvantage is metal corrosion.
- Electrode heater. Two metal rods are installed inside. Current flows between them, due to which heating is carried out. Such devices have high efficiency.
The device has a number of advantages over other types of heating installations:
- Low price for the initial set of equipment.
- Low installation cost.
- Compact size and light weight, which does not require a separate room. In addition, such devices can be installed almost anywhere. The connection laughter is similar to gas, but there is no need to supply pipes with fuel. The main thing is that there should be an approach to the heating system and the electrical network.
- Doesn’t make noise.
- No need to additionally create a ventilation system.
- Environmental friendliness. Absolutely does not litter the environment. In addition, such units are completely safe for humans.
Despite all the advantages, these devices also have a number of disadvantages:
- The cost of electricity. Unfortunately, at the moment gas installations are cheaper to use. Despite this, there are already more economical devices that can reduce costs by up to 30%.
- Special wiring. Low power boilers can be connected to a standard 220V network. But units exceeding the threshold of 12 kW should already be connected to a special three-phase 380V output. Sometimes this can cause certain difficulties.
- Scale on the heating element. To stretch this process, special filters are used to make the water softer.
So, how to choose equipment that runs on electricity? There are several key points to pay attention to.
The first thing to pay attention to is the required power. The easiest way is to determine through the total area of the room. We take this indicator and divide by 10. So, for example, for a building of 100 square meters. m this figure will be 10 kW.
In this case, it must be borne in mind that electricity will be supplied from the shield through the wires. And the larger their cross section, the less they heat up. Basically, in apartments and old houses, wiring is designed for only a maximum of 3 kW. Therefore, you need to think about it in advance. It is believed that it is better for the boiler to completely bring its own wiring with a circuit breaker.
It is also worth paying attention to the number of circuits of the system. If you want maximum comfort – space heating and domestic hot water – instantaneous water heaters are a great option. True, this will significantly increase payments for electricity. Sometimes one electric boiler can not be enough, because large rooms require more power. At the same time, sometimes the heating scheme may include other types of installations, which allows you to protect the owner in case of a shortage of one of the resources.
Before finally choosing a unit, be sure to pay attention to the material from which the water lines are made — they must be made of steel or bronze. This will allow the device to work for a long time.
Such heating boilers are a good tool. They are easy to install and use, safe for human health and the environment. At the same time, the initial cost and the price of installation are small compared to other types of units. Despite this, they have a number of disadvantages.