Video intercoms allow you to feel relatively safe, as they allow you to see in advance who exactly came to you. However, there are quite a few different models on the market, so it can be difficult for a beginner to figure out the optimal model for installation in a private house. This article has a detailed description of the models and a recommendation for choosing the best one.
The principle of operation of the device
Connecting an intercom with your own hands in a private house is quite realistic, since all models have a similar principle of operation. Doors are opened using a special key or key fob, which must be attached to the reader. As for the guests, in order for the door to open, they must dial the number of the required apartment on the keyboard. When connecting an intercom in a private house, you do not need to dial the apartment number. In this case, there is only a call button.
The signal from the call block goes to the controller, and the reader or video camera transmits the broadcast to the monitor, which is located inside the house. Thus, the owner sees who has come and can, picking up the phone with the door opening button, let the guest in.
When the instrument is in standby mode, the monitor is on and the lock is locked. Picking up the phone, you can conduct a dialogue with the guest. The lock opens only when the corresponding button is pressed.
Types of intercoms
There are two types of video intercoms:
In its turn, ip intercoms for a private house can be
In the latter case, a Wi-Fi signal is used. There are many requirements for the technique and access point for the system to work stably.
Wireless intercom for a private house is ideal if there is no interference. Otherwise, the signal may be unstable, resulting in the system not working correctly.
To get the best picture, it is recommended to choose a digital outdoor intercom.
Analog Models able to cope with basic tasks, but the image quality is not very good. There are also various interferences. To get the best picture even at a relatively long distance, it is recommended to choose a digital outdoor intercom for a private house.
What is included in the intercom system
It is most profitable to buy an intercom for a private house in the kit, since different brands have incompatibility. Here are the main components that should be present in any system:
- monitor video intercom;
- calling panel with a built-in video camera (sometimes they install a calling panel and a video surveillance camera connected to this system);
- controlled electromagnetic lock;
- cable, connectors, PW screws and other.
When using a wireless system, you will need equipment that supports a Wi-Fi signal and an access point. For an intercom in a private house, the price may vary, depending on the brand and the availability of additional features. These include:
- face recognitionthanks to which the door will open automatically,
- license plate recognition to open the garage door,
- voice control and much more.
All these features are available with professional software.
What to look for when choosing an intercom
Intercoms with video surveillance for a private house must be selected by characteristics, and not by price. Cost varies from 50 $ to several tens. The simplest is analog, which has only the function of opening doors. Image quality is 420 TV lines. In terms of pixels, this is less than 0.1 megapixels. If all you need is a door opening function, then it is quite suitable. The intercom scheme in a private house will depend on where it is planned to place its components. The farther they are from each other, the more money you have to spend on the cable.
If the camera is high, then you should pay attention to IP models. They allow you to view the guest from a distance. In addition, it is they who have additional functions that open up with the purchase of professional software. Do not chase megapixels: 1–2 megapixel cameras will be enough.
Intercoms with video surveillance for a private house must be selected by characteristics, and not by price.
Call panels are also different:
If an intercom is attached to the gate to a private house, then it is better to buy a street anti-vandal. He has:
- water protection,
- dust protection,
- hypothermia protection,
- it will be hard to break it.
To accurately select the optimal model, you should trust the professionals. It is better to describe the terms of reference to the installers and indicate the budget. They will pick up all the necessary equipment and offer the most affordable prices.
Sequence of work during installation
Everything happens in a standard way and in a certain sequence. To properly install an intercom with a lock for a private house, you must adhere to this algorithm:
- call panel installation. To do this, you need to choose a place and disassemble the panel. Next, holes are drilled to which it will be attached. A wire is started on the reverse side, and all connections are placed in a mounting box so that moisture does not get on them. When the work is completed, you need to return the cover to its place.
- Installing the tube happens in the house. It is attached in the same way as the calling panel. There should be an outlet next to it. 220V for factory supply.
- Connection power supply.
- pad cable and sealing.
- Programming keys.
- Examination systems for performance.
If it is dark near the house at night, it is also recommended to install a spotlight so that guests can be seen at night.
If it is dark near the house at night, it is also recommended to install a spotlight so that guests can be seen at night. Most models allow you to record to the built-in memory. In order to keep the archive longer, you can set the motion detection recording. However, this function is not available in all video intercoms.
Prices for devices and installation
Today, pricing is based on:
- what brand,
- how many years warranty
- what features are supported,
- how much product is needed.
Wholesalers are provided with more attractive terms of cooperation. You can buy an intercom for a private house with an electromechanical lock at a retail price from 30 dollars. Installation and configuration will cost, depending on the organization, from 15$.
Additionally, you may need:
- professional software for connecting advanced functions,
- visor for call panel,
- memory card,
- body adapter.
All this can be purchased from specialists when ordering the installation of an intercom in a private house.
Exists rating of intercoms for a private house with reviews. It is presented below:
- Falcon eye. This company claims to be a manufacturer, but actually imports goods from China. However, they have excellent software and are fully adapted to work in European conditions. Prices are democratic, there are no problems with quality. The company also offers video surveillance systems, access control systems and other products. There are a lot of reviews about this organization on the Internet. Mostly positive. She has gained confidence over many years of work in the market. Negative reviews are due to the fact that the equipment did not work for various reasons. In case of problems, the company makes a replacement or warranty repair.
- Tantos — Another popular brand in EU, which is distinguished by high quality and a wide range of products. Works best with Line and Trassir software, but variations are possible. The price segment is designed for customers with above-average income. There are practically no negative reviews on the Internet.
- HikVision . the largest Chinese manufacturer of security systems that sells its products worldwide. Its products are reliability and stability. Standard software is well designed, so you often don’t have to buy professional software. Prices are average or slightly below average.
- CYFRAL. This company specializes in the sale of intercoms, so you can really trust it.
- Kenwei. This company produces budget models that can work stably for several years. However, the percentage of marriage is higher than that of many competitors.
It’s up to you to decide which model to choose. However, experts recommend looking at the required functionality. To save money, it is better to place an order through an installation company, since an independent purchase from a supplier or manufacturer may be more expensive, since they are focused specifically on wholesale customers.
If you plan to install the system yourself, then you should look at how to mount an intercom in a private house.