A comfortable life in your own country cottage is impossible without solving the issues of energy supply of the building. The owners need to be puzzled by connecting to the electrical network, equipping the sewerage system, and a reliable heating system. If there are no main sources of energy nearby, an autonomous gas supply to a private house will come to the rescue. Gas can be used both to generate electricity and to heat the coolant for heating needs, that is, this option allows you to cope with several problems at once.
Autonomous efficient gas heating in a private house is based on the preliminary installation of a gas tank, that is, a massive tank in which fuel reserves are stored. Of course, someone might think that cylinders can also be used, but such an approach, although feasible, is extremely unprofitable from a financial point of view, and it is inconvenient to store huge stocks of cylinders.
Gasification through the installation of gas tanks has been used for several decades, but previously this method was relevant only for industrial enterprises. Connecting an individual cottage in this way became possible only a few years ago, when optimized designs appeared that were suitable for installation in suburban areas.
The gas holder is made of several sheets of steel, firmly welded together. This material is easy to cope with both internal and external pressure. Of course, the metal also undergoes additional processing that protects it from corrosion. The design of the device allows immersion in the soil below the freezing point, that is, heating will remain as efficient as possible even in winter. If we talk about how exactly the fuel tank is installed, the following steps should be distinguished:
- A place is chosen. Away from residential buildings, but closer to the gate, so that there are no problems with the free passage of vehicles replenishing fuel supplies.
- Digging a pit. The depth depends on the specific modification and volume, it is prescribed in the technical data sheet of the product. The bottom of the pit is covered with sand, which is subsequently compacted, and a reinforced concrete slab is laid on it. Thanks to this approach, autonomous heating is the most reliable and durable. The slab prevents the metal object from being affected by soil, i.e. its position remains unchanged. In the event that the study of the site shows a high level of groundwater, an additional drainage system is formed.
- Fixing the object on the plate with the help of special fasteners.
- Installation of electronics, shut-off valves, initial nozzles and other parts that ensure uninterrupted safe operation.
Please note that gas heating must be agreed with the regulatory authorities, these are the legal requirements.
Site owners need to get various solutions, choose a licensed organization for installation and connection, which employs top-level professionals. Otherwise, operation may be simply dangerous!
Autonomous gas heating in a private country house involves the use of the following devices:
- Gas boiler;
- Gas convector.
The boiler heats the coolant, which naturally or with the help of a pump circulates along the pipe loop, reaching consumption points — radiators, underfloor heating systems, batteries. Boilers are divided into a couple of categories:
- Units with one working circuit. They work exclusively for heating a private house, the volume of coolant inside the system remains stable.
- Double-circuit boilers are designed not only for heating, but also for heating hot water for its further use for household or hygienic purposes.
The convector works on a different principle, it does not require an intermediate coolant. Energy from the heat exchanger directly heats the room air. For efficient removal of combustion products, a coaxial pipe is used. Such heating of the house is characterized by a number of nuances:
- Installation does not involve complex piping inside the house, it is not necessary to equip a separate room as a boiler room.
- If the room is isolated, it will be necessary to install a separate convector, which somewhat complicates the wiring.
- There is no need for complex installation, there is no involvement of specialists, which reduces the cost of the process.
Benefits of choosing
Autonomous gas heating system has the following advantages:
- Small dimensions, which saves usable space, the process is simplified.
- Ease of operation and maintenance. This difference is especially noticeable in comparison with solid fuel models, which need to be inspected several times during the year.
- Economy of operation. This difference is especially noticeable in comparison with electric models. Electricity, of course, can be used for heating, but it is recommended to use it only partially, for certain areas, otherwise the costs can be enormous.
So, the use of gas is one of the most modern and technologically advanced ways of heating buildings and premises. If the installation is carried out in accordance with the requirements and safety rules, then the system is guaranteed to last for several years, while maintaining its original efficiency!