When distributing heating pipes, various schemes are used that determine the features of the functioning of the system, material costs, and methods for connecting radiators. The scheme of heating distribution in a modern apartment building, as a rule, is carried out according to vertical technology, which most fully meets the requirements of non-standard layouts.
The vertical scheme differs from the horizontal counterpart, first of all, in insignificant heat losses. This feature is the merit of the carefully thought-out arrangement of the main pipes, which function as risers.
Interestingly, this technique owes its appearance to the new building standards in the country. Initially, it was not widespread, which is associated with certain nuances of the installation. The matter changed dramatically when five-story Khrushchev buildings began to be actively erected in the Europe, the area of u200bu200bthe apartments in which was small, and therefore there was no need for horizontal wiring. In order to save money, a vertical technique was created, characterized by a number of nuances:
- Vertically there are several risers with a circulating coolant, to which radiators are connected;
- Each of the radiators can be configured separately;
- The coolant enters the premises through a separate circuit.
What should be prepared for?
If we talk about private cottages, then such a heating layout can also be used there, but the owners need to prepare for a meeting with some difficulties. An example of such a problem is that most batteries on the modern market are focused on connecting to horizontal systems, have an appropriate arrangement of nozzles, process holes and sections. Thus, the circuit, ideally, needs special radiators, oriented specifically to vertical mounting.
Another problem arises from this feature. As you know, it is better to mount radiators closer to the floor, this will allow you to establish effective air exchange without any extra effort. Cold air, according to the laws of physics, will go down, and heated air will rise up. A vertical radiator is extremely difficult to install in this way, due to which the heating is insufficient.
However, the cons don’t end there. The described problem can still be solved if the length of the pipes leading to the radiator is slightly increased. If we adhere to the classical implementation of the scheme, then another drawback appears. It consists in the fact that vertical tubular radiators are clearly tied to the laid risers. If the room does not have a large area, then the residents will not feel any discomfort. If the area of u200bu200bthe room is about 40 squares with 2 outer walls, then it will not do without installing two risers at once, otherwise it will be quite cold. So, the vertical wiring of the heating system of a modern apartment building is beneficial in the following cases:
- The number of floors is greater than or equal to five;
- Each individual room has a small area;
- Sufficient wall insulation.
If we talk about accounting for thermal energy, it is recommended to install the meter directly on the riser.
Read in more detail: Scheme and installation of a two-pipe heating system.
Choose the number of pipes
The scheme may suggest the presence of one or two pipes:
- The single pipe option implies that the coolant circulates in a closed loop, and the radiators are connected in series. This design feature causes the temperature of the last battery to be lower than that of the first devices. However, with a small length of the contour, this disadvantage is naturally corrected. As an additional method of adjustment, you can use taps between the radiator pipes. The minimum volumes of materials for the formation of the system, no need for a circulation pump, a small volume of circulating coolant — these properties can be attributed to the advantages of the technology.
- The two-pipe scheme is based on the installation of two circuits. The first is used to supply the coolant to the radiators, while the second sends the cooled water to the boiler for new heating. When laying, it must be remembered that the pipes must go next to each other, because the radiators are connected in parallel. An additional pipe increases the total volume of the coolant used, it is often impossible for it to flow by gravity, and therefore it is necessary to install a circulation pump. However, with some installation inconveniences, the system is more reliable than the first option, since the formation of an air lock is excluded.
To complete the picture, it is worth considering the horizontal wiring method. Its benefits are as follows:
- In the event of an emergency, it is possible to disconnect only the damaged battery. The method is also convenient when changing heating devices in a single apartment, there is no need to cover the entire riser.
- It is possible to install energy meters in each apartment, thanks to which residents will be able to adjust the operation of the batteries so that it is both economical and contributes to the formation of an optimal microclimate. For example, during a long business trip or vacation, the temperature in the room is artificially lowered.
- The technique is independent of the rest of the apartments in the house, and therefore the owner equips the heating in full accordance with personal requirements. There are no risers in the apartment, and individual pipes can be laid in niches, which is valuable in the formation of designer interiors.
- It is believed that this technology is more durable.
- Pipes are laid not in the walls, but in special niches and corrugations. This approach is optimal from the point of view of maintainability, the lightweight design can be easily disassembled to get to the emergency area.
Thus, a residential building can be supplied with heat according to any of the described schemes. In order to make the best choice, it is necessary to take into account all the nuances, positive and negative aspects of decisions. Even a vertical option, which, as it may seem, to lose to a horizontal counterpart, in a multi-storey building guarantees efficient heating with a small financial investment at the installation stages.