Homeowners have recently opted for autonomous space heating systems. The previously most popular gas installations are already being used less due to the constant increase in prices for this type of fuel. Increasingly, combined boilers for heating on wood and electricity are connected. These are reliable and productive units with which you can heat a house or any other object.
Electric wood heating boilers have gained widespread popularity over the past year. This is due to the possibility of simultaneous operation on two types of energy carrier at once. Such devices have a unique and practical design.
If we consider the equipment in more detail, a wood-burning heating boiler is practically no different, except for the presence of an additional heating element. This type of heating is equipped with a special automation system, which makes it possible to change the power, operating mode and switch the type of energy source consumed.
In most cases, a firebox is mounted at the bottom of the equipment, where firewood is loaded. As a result, the heat heats the heat exchanger with the liquid. The latter just enters the radiators, as a result of which the house is heated.
When switching to electric mode, the coolant will already be heated using heating elements. In addition, this option is ideal for maintaining a minimum room temperature.
Advantages over other systems
If we compare an electric-wood boiler with the usual gas or conventional solid fuel installations, the advantages are obvious:
- Availability of energy carriers. When working on solid fuels, the combustion of any wood products is ensured, which is not difficult to find. At the same time, today electrical networks reach almost any settlement.
- Low fuel price. Recently, more and more often, the owners of suburban buildings choose this particular boiler, for which you can find firewood without any special effort. The energy carrier will cost minimal financial investments, especially if the building is located in the forest. In addition, such units consume relatively little electricity, which also makes this type of energy not expensive.
- Versatility. In the absence of one of the energy carriers, there is always the opportunity to use the second.
- Profitability. Using a bundle of firewood-electricity can significantly reduce costs compared to the same gas appliances. Especially against the backdrop of a constant increase in tariffs.
- Significant reduction in atmospheric emissions of products resulting from combustion. This happens through the use of electricity.
- Availability of programmers and automation. Such elements allow you to control the boiler even when the owners are not at home.
- Quality heating. Electricity, like wood, has high efficiency rates. Therefore, the heating of the coolant is carried out in the shortest possible time. At the same time, there is practically no energy loss due to the well-thought-out design.
In the case of proper operation, a wood and electricity boiler guarantees long-term trouble-free operation.
Installation and use
Combined and ordinary installations, say the same electric boilers, have different conditions for installation and further maintenance. This is important to remember, not only before buying, but also during placement at home. Especially if the process is done by hand.
Most importantly, such a heating unit should be installed in a separate room. In addition, it is placed exclusively on a flat concrete surface. A chimney must be properly connected to it. In this case, there must be a ventilation system.
Important! If it will be difficult for the owner to install a home boiler on his own, it is better to trust the specialists. They will be able to complete all the necessary work in the shortest possible time. At the same time, the masters must provide a guarantee for what they have done.
What to look for before buying?
Such an electric boiler with a wood-burning compartment is worth purchasing, given some of the main points:
- Power. First you need to calculate how much energy is needed to heat the room.
- The presence of a second circuit. If necessary, you can connect hot water.
- The material of the grates, with the help of which the ash is screened out. Cast iron is best. They are considered the most heat resistant. Ceramic are used for wood chips or straw.
- Installation weight. Units for heating a large area can weigh several tens of kilograms. Often, before installing them, additional strengthening of the location is required.
- The size.
- Valve for quiet operation.
- heat exchanger material. Usually it is steel or cast iron. The latter is heavier. It is well protected from corrosion, but can crack in the event of constant temperature changes.
Combined heating boilers on electricity and wood have recently been used by owners of country houses more and more often. This is due to many factors, including clear savings and ease of use.