According to the legislation, the water meter must be tested at a certain time.
This brings problems. You will have to break the integrity of the pipe connection, to be left without water for several days.
However, there is an alternative solution. Which? Read below.
Is it possible to check water meters without removing them?
Yes, it is possible to carry out verification without removing the water meter controller. And it happens, without breaking the seal. To do this, you must write an application to the metrological center. Having coordinated the time with the owner of the apartment, the master will come, with special equipment.
This check will not take long. If the error of the device is within acceptable limits, the client will receive an act. It must be provided to the water supply organization. The controller will be considered serviceable, not requiring replacement. If the verification reveals deviations in the operation of the metering unit, it will have to be replaced.
How it’s done?
To carry out the test, several devices with different methods of work are used. “Water accounting — 2M” works on the principle of the weight method, measuring the mass of water that has passed through the meter.
“VPU-Energo M” works as the second metering device of the system, counting the amount of water that has passed through it. Let’s take a closer look at the most common method — weight.
- Installation, with quick coupling, connects to any faucet apartments.
- Her second the hose is connected to the measuring container.
- All consumers are covered dwelling water. The readings of the apparatus are recorded.
- The procedure begins measurement. The tap to which the unit is connected opens, the tank is filled to a certain level.
- Water is weighed. The result obtained is converted from kilograms to liters.
- Data being compared with meter readings.
- For accurate results the procedure is repeated up to 5 times.
- From the received data the average value of the error is displayed controller.
- If the error is within acceptable limits, then the landlord is given an appropriate conclusion. The passport receives a mark on the health of the device.
- Otherwise, the metering device must be replaced.
Next, consider the positive, negative aspects of this verification method. The pluses include:
- Time saving. The entire procedure will take less than an hour.
- No need to break the seal or remove the device.
- Price. This method is cheaper than replacing the device and the usual check.
However, there are cons:
- This the method does not give an idea of the internal state of the mechanism. Therefore, it can quickly fail after the procedure.
- If it’s wrong, you will have to pay for both the inspection and the replacement of the device.
- According to Decree of the Government of the EU No. 776 of 09/04/2013, a meter that has passed such a test must be replaced after 60 days.
Appropriateness of the procedure
It is difficult to answer the question of what is better, to replace or to believe the water flow controller. Let’s try to figure it out. The internal parts of the meter are plastic. They are subjected to stress every day, for several hours a day, for six years.
Small particles that have slipped through the filter pass through the internal mechanism of the controller. All this adversely affects the performance of the device.
It turns out, there is a high risk that the device that has passed verification will soon fail. More precisely, the advisability of checking the meter can be answered by considering the cost of services.
Price of services and counters
|What is included in the price
|Price, for one device
|Checking at home
|From 1200 rub.
Please note that the table data are approximate. They will change, strongly depending on the organization conducting the verification of the apparatus. In case of replacement of the controller, the total cost will also depend on its price.
With regard to the expediency of verification, we can state the following. Although the service is cheaper, it is unprofitable in the long run.
A worn meter can quickly stop functioning and need to be replaced. This means that the landlord will be forced to pay not only for the check, but also for the replacement of the device.
How and where to order such a service?
First, a letter will come from the EIRC. It will provide information that the meter is about to expire. The timing of its replacement or verification will be indicated.
After that, you need to contact the metrological service. If there is none nearby, services of this kind are provided by water supply metering organizations.
To place an order to check your counter, you must contact the service in person or by phone, leaving a request. At the agreed time, the master will come and carry out the necessary work.
Issuance of a package of documents for the management company
After verification, without removing the device, the client will receive several documents:
- Certificate about the verification.
- Checking act meters for hot and cold water.
- Treaty for the services provided.
The entire package of documents must be provided to the management company and the EIRC. Only after that the device will be considered fully functional. This will allow you to continue to pay for water supply, according to its testimony.
When you need to check the meters, see how exactly it goes in the video:
Below we will get acquainted with the opinion of people who used the service.
Ilya, 29 years old, Magnitogorsk
I ordered a check without removing the device, only yesterday the master came with the installation. All it took was an hour of time and 5,5 dollars. I have all the necessary documents in my hands, no waste of nerves and extra money. Completely satisfied with the result.
Yuri, 50 years old, Kostroma
Even the enemy would not wish this method of verification. Used the service — the result, the counter is working. However, according to the legislation of the EU, the device must still be replaced after 2 months. I paid 6 dollars, and now another 15$. I will give for the replacement of the counter.
Konstantin, 42, Lipetsk
I recommend checking the meter without removing it to everyone. My device turned out to be faulty, but then our metrological service does not take money. I ordered a new piece of equipment from them. All problems are solved.
Angelina, 28 years old, Bryansk
Only positive emotions from this service. Fast, high quality, cheap. The master came 2 days after the application, politely explained everything. Did the job, gave the documents.
Summing up, we find that the cheapest and simplest method has serious drawbacks. Of course, there are situations when it is more profitable to conduct a check. For example, if there is not enough money. If there are no emergencies, there is enough money, it is better to immediately replace the worn-out device.