Residential buildings, buildings of institutions, enterprises have an individual ventilation system to ensure air exchange, consisting of shafts, air ducts and channels. Domestic and industrial ventilation becomes dirty during operation and requires periodic cleaning.
The need to clean ventilation
Exhaust ventilation ducts during operation become contaminated with particles of dust, grease, chemical fumes of household chemicals. Supply ventilation going into the room from the street becomes clogged even faster.
Enter the air duct
- traffic fumes,
- dry leaves,
The accumulated dirt settles on the inner surface of the channel, narrowing the ventilation hole. This reduces air exchange, leads to an increased load on the ventilation equipment and reduces its service life.
If the ventilation elements located in cold rooms are not insulated, then condensate appears and accumulates inside. An increase in humidity creates a favorable environment for the growth of fungi and mold. In areas with open areas, it is convenient to install flexible insulated air ducts.
Duct pollution is a hazard to human health and safety for the following reasons:
- Deterioration of air quality;
- The appearance of mold, fungi;
- Reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Increased fire hazard.
Signs of clogging can be the accumulation of dust and debris on the ventilation grill, the rapid dustiness of the room after wet cleaning, overheating of the air, the absence of drafts when opening doors, and frequent fogging of windows.
Regular inspection and removal of contaminants is a must. In the EU, such work is regulated by law. Refusal to clean ventilation ducts, especially in crowded places, is fraught with the spread of infectious diseases that have an airborne transmission mechanism.
Cleaning ventilation in an apartment or house
Vertical ventilation shafts in apartment buildings belonging to common property are cleaned by specialized organizations. The contract for the work is signed by the management company.
You can independently clean the sleeve to the shaft mechanically, for this you need:
- To protect against debris cover floor and wall under the ventilation grill;
- Install ladder or other stable fixture;
- Put on personal protective equipment (gloves, respirator);
- Remove grillunscrew the fan if present;
- carefully them wash with a fat-soluble detergentwipe dry;
- Using a flashlight, inspect the places of contamination;
- By hand or spatula remove large debris;
- With a brush, metal brush clear fat depositsdust from the inner surface of the channel;
- Remaining dirt can be removed using a vacuum cleaner;
- Install the fan, grille in place.
If plastic air ducts are installed for ventilation, then mechanical cleaning should be carried out carefully to avoid damage to the walls.
Professional services for cleaning ventilation systems use several methods:
- Mechanical using vacuum cleaners and brush machines;
- Chemical — spraying of special chemical solutions in air ducts;
- Cryogenic cleaning dry ice — absolutely safe and effective on any surface.
Professional ventilation cleaning
Modern equipment for cleaning ventilation ducts allows you to perform cleaning work in a high quality and in a short time:
- brush machine — removes dust deposits mechanically;
- steam generatorsprayer, compressor — cope with fatty contaminants chemically;
- Core, punch. Used to clean air ducts when clogging with construction waste;
- brushes different diameters, mounted on a flexible shaft. Are made round, square, rectangular section;
- flexible rod — a device for cleaning turning sections. Adapters at the ends of the rod allow you to attach brushes to it;
- Powerful roomy a vacuum cleaner;
- Metal ruffs.
Professional cleaning of ventilation ducts takes place in several stages:
- Diagnosis of the state of ventilation shafts and chambers is carried out using video inspection systems;
- Removal of blockages;
- Sampling for total microbial count in sediment washouts and air supply;
- Cleaning from dust, grease and other contaminants;
- Carrying out disinfection.
After the work carried out, an act of admission to operation and a plan for periodic inspection are drawn up.
Cleaning ventilation from grease in a restaurant
Catering establishments are obliged to carry out professional cleaning of ventilation systems on a regular basis.
- Huge amount of fatformed during cooking, and elevated temperatures contribute to rapid contamination.
- Fat, cooling on the inner surface of the channels, forms a hard-to-remove layer.
- He creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms and bacteria, which is unacceptable in restaurants.
Cleaning of ventilation ducts from grease is carried out by a chemical method.
- An alkaline solution is applied to the walls of the channels with a spray gun and washed off under pressure.
- Thick layers of fatty accumulations are cleaned with metal brushes.
With intensive work of the hot shop, cleaning should be done once a month. To reduce contamination, grease traps are installed.
According to Federal Law No. 52 of March 30, 1999 “On the sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population”, when preparing, storing and selling food and drinks, sanitary rules must be followed to prevent the occurrence and spread of infectious diseases and mass non-communicable diseases.
Cleaning and disinfection of air duct systems refers to sanitary and preventive measures that are mandatory and controlled by the state sanitary and epidemiological supervision.
Scheduled hygiene checks should be carried out at least once every 6 months.
After receiving the results of microbiological tests, a decision is made on the need for disinfection.
Car ventilation duct cleaning
The car ventilation system also needs periodic cleaning. The reason may be the appearance of an unpleasant smell in the car.
Independent performance of work is carried out with the help of special aerosols. For this you need:
- Free the salon from unnecessary things and objects, an aerosol is a chemical agent;
- Remove cabin air filter;
- Start the engineturn on the air conditioner in low temperature mode, close the doors for 5 minutes;
- After the time has elapsed, install a cylinder on the floor near the front passenger seat, turn on the airflow, press the spray button and close the door;
- The aerosol will begin to recirculate along with the air in the vehicle’s ventilation system;
- Open doors after 15 minutes for ventilation;
- After turning off the blower, air conditioning, turn off the engine;
- Replace the cabin filter with a new one.
Self-cleaning car ventilation ducts is not a difficult and economical option. The minimum cost of aerosol cleaners is from 5 dollars.
You can go to a service station for professional cleaning. This is a reliable option, besides with a warranty. The minimum price of services is from 36$.
During the cleaning process, samples of contaminants are taken for laboratory analysis.
If the permissible values of microbiological indicators are exceeded, disinfection is carried out -
- destruction of pathogenic microorganisms,
- bacteria inside channels and air ducts.
It is performed only after cleaning. This is an important event for maintaining a favorable microclimate in the premises, ensuring the health and well-being of a person.
To do this, the cleaned surfaces of the channels are treated with a disinfectant solution approved by the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision.
After disinfection, new samples are taken from the canal walls to confirm the effectiveness of the work done.
Dear Heads of industrial and food enterprises, institutions, management companies and homeowners associations, take measures to ensure our general sanitary safety — plan, carry out and control the cleaning and disinfection of ventilation systems.
Ventilation cleaning equipment
Depending on the size and material of manufacture of ventilation shafts, air ducts, as well as the degree of their contamination, the equipment necessary in terms of power and configuration is selected.
The technology for cleaning inflexible and flexible ducts for ventilation is different. Overview of average prices:
- A set of 5 brushes for mechanical cleaning will cost 90 dollars;
- Flexible 6 meter shaft for their attachment — 120$;
- Metal ruffs from 2,5 dollars;
- Brush machine — 1050$;
- Vacuum cleaner with a flexible shaft — 750$;
- A set of steam generator and atomizer with an additional set of tools for removing grease — 1500$;
- Video inspection system from 450$.
How much does cleaning and disinfection cost?
It is advisable to carry out self-cleaning only in relation to property related to private property (for example, a hose to a common shaft in a city apartment, usually its length does not exceed 0.5 meters).
To do this, it is enough to purchase personal protective equipment, a metal brush and a grease remover.
It is forbidden to clean the common house mines on your own. It is impossible and very dangerous to carry out disinfection on your own.
The cost of services of specialized services for cleaning and disinfection of air ducts depends on the complexity of the work performed.
Prices are influenced by factors such as
- availability of channel locations,
- degree and nature of pollution.
The basic cost of work is usually calculated per 1 square meter of air duct, cleaning ventilation ducts price:
- Video diagnostics from 50 dollars;
- Mechanical cleaning of dust deposits from 170 rubles;
- Cleaning of fatty deposits from 7,5 dollars;
- Microbiological samples — 1,5 dollarsper flush;
- Disinfection from 50 rubles.
Cleaning of ventilation ducts is a necessary mandatory measure regulated by the Legislation of the EU and aimed at ensuring the health and high working capacity of the population.