A warm garage in the cold season is a great solution. One of the options can be safely called an electric boiler for partial or complete heating of the garage. The fact is that the energy source used in most cases is already connected to the room for the car. So there is no need to think about the possible storage of fuel. In addition, you do not need to constantly monitor the work — automation will perfectly cope with this.
Principle of operation
By and large, heating for a garage looks exactly the same as for any other room. Only fewer pipes and radiators are used. The process is as follows: the coolant is heated in the installation, enters the radiators with the help of pipes. Having passed the entire heating circuit, the liquid is again in the boiler.
What units are suitable for the garage?
There are many models on the market. To weed out the unnecessary and stop at one or at least a few, you need to find out for yourself a few key points:
- how often or for how long the system will run;
- Should this process be automated?
- a workshop or even some kind of production will be additionally located in the garage;
- Do you need constant hot water?
It is quite obvious that, having clarified all the points, it will be possible to choose exactly the right equipment.
So, for example, if you need periodic heating and hot water, you can find inexpensive electric heating elements. They will cost less than others. True, in this case it will be necessary to constantly manage the system yourself. In addition, you will need to monitor the fluid level. In this case, the room will warm up as quickly as possible.
One or two loops?
If a small structure is planned to be used not only for a car, it is better to think about more complex equipment. As for residential buildings, electric boilers can be single- and double-circuit. The use of the latter will be justified if there is a constant need for hot water. This view has both positive and negative sides:
- Heating a garage with an electric boiler will cost an average of 30% less if it is carried out by a single-circuit unit. Otherwise, the owner of the premises will pay relatively large amounts for use.
- If, nevertheless, there is a need for water for household needs, it is possible to additionally connect an indirect heating boiler to a single-circuit apparatus. In this case, it will only work together with space heating.
- You can also install a double-circuit boiler. It will be more profitable than a single-circuit one together with an ordinary boiler.
- Equipment for two circuits is more expensive and has a shorter service life than a simple installation.
To choose exactly what you need, you need to accurately understand the functions of the room and the plan of operation of the unit.
Installing a boiler in a garage that runs on electricity is exactly the same as in any other building. It is necessary to place all the radiators over the area and connect them to the system. After that, install the boiler itself in a suitable place. In addition, it is definitely worth introducing a water filter, a pump, an expansion tank, pressure and voltage fuses into the heating (if this is not provided for in the unit itself).
- Environmental friendliness. Such types of installations do not harm the environment and humans.
- Flames are not used. There is no need to install a chimney.
- Compared to other types of boilers, the initial cost is lower than others.
- It is possible to set up the equipment for the week ahead.
- The cost of operating costs is higher than with any other units.
- Dependence on electricity. As a result of interruptions, water can freeze, which will lead not only to rupture of pipes, but also to failure of the apparatus.
Heating the garage with an electric boiler is perfect if it is already connected to current. And at the same time, the owner of the premises wants to get “comfortable” heating. After all, it is almost impossible to set the desired temperature using a convector or an oil cooler, especially in a garage.
In addition, many do not choose installations on other types of energy carriers, as they do not want to somehow harm their health and pollute the environment.
Well, the use of such equipment has its advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of heating. Before choosing an installation, you definitely need to think about the purposes for which this is being done, and whether there is a need for it.