Vacuuming is the process of removing various gases and water vapor from the air conditioner.
This process is carried out using a vacuum pump.
Usually, evacuation is carried out before filling the cooling device with refrigerant or freon.
If you do not use the pumping of gases and water vapor with a vacuum device, the air conditioner will fail or its service life will be reduced. due to the fact that air molecules lead to a significant increase in pressure, leading to an increased load on the compressor.
The principle of operation of the pump for pumping air
The basic principles of operation of these units are to remove or bind gases outside the air conditioner. Vacuumer, removing various gases and water vapor, creates a vacuum and low pressure, which leads to a decrease in the boiling point of water.
In case of removal them, a certain volume of the air mixture is isolated and moved to the outlet pipe. In case of bindingneutral gas molecules settle on a solid surface or are carried away with a jet of liquid, vapor, creating the necessary vacuum.
Thus, in various ways, liquid and gaseous mixture is removed in the cooling device.
Video about evacuating the air conditioner:
Types of vacuum pumps
There are two main types: low and high vacuum.
Low vacuum subdivided into:
- rotary vanethe highest quality two-stage with a vacuum gauge, which are able to regulate the residual pressure;
- two-rotor or two-stage, with two rotating rotors that capture the gases, pushing them to the discharge pipe, by increasing the pressure inside the air conditioner. At the same time, the pumped air must be non-aggressive to the components and the working fluid, which is used to bind gases;
- liquid ring or water ringproviding fast and oil-free pumping of various substances, without environmental pollution and allowing pumping when liquid vapors are contained in the tank.
High vacuum There are also several types:
- diffusionwhich have high speed and performance, with synthetic oils as a working fluid, which further pollute the pumped gas mixture;
- cryadsorptionwith liquid nitrogen, which freezes out gases, strongly warming up the apparatus itself;
- heterogeneousthe most expensive and very effective, as they allow you to make a clean vacuum without pollution.
How to choose a vacuum cleaner for an air conditioner?
Choose it for you need to take into account:
- technical characteristics of the air conditioner, which will create an optimal microclimate in the room;
- duration of use of the device;
- the size of the pipeline from which the gas mixture is pumped out.
At the same time, the vacuum apparatus must meet the following requirements:
- provide a certain level of pressureguaranteeing efficient and long-term operation of the air conditioner;
- ease of usewhich implies an acceptable weight, oil level indicator, low vibration, have a set of fittings and a valve to release ballast air, etc.;
- possibility work in various conditions.
How to make a vacuum pump for an air conditioner with your own hands?
At home, you can assemble various vacuum devices for pumping gases and water vapor from air conditioners; all you need is a car pump and an aquarium compressor.
First you need unwind the car air inflator, then turn the cuff over, assembling the mechanism in reverse order. In this case, the inverted cuff will allow you to pump air out of the tank.
At the next stage installing a check valve by using the plastic part that is inside the aquarium compressor. By installing a valve between the hose and the car pump, it is very easy to build this device at home.
This device can also be built from an aquarium compressor by replacing plastic valves in places. On the compressor, the fasteners are unscrewed, the structure is disassembled, which includes a part with valves in order to swap them.
Next, you will have to saw off the corner of the compressor housing and assemble the mechanism in reverse order and drill a holewhich will serve to remove water vapor, into which a tube is inserted to drain condensate.
The main models and manufacturers of vacuum pumps for air conditioners and the cost
There are a variety of vacuum cleaners that allow you to pump out air, differing from each other in the level of vacuuming, power and manufacturer. There are manufacturers on the market such as VALUE, ZENSEN, BECOOL, CPS, ERRECOM, MASTER, COOL, TELSTAR, Z with prices from 50 euros to 500 euros.
If we look at the models in more detail, then the prices of the manufacturer VALUE are 70–350 euros, ZENSEN — 50–320 euros, BECOOL — 60–220 euros, CPS — 150–500 euros, ERRECOM — 180–250 euros, TELSTAR — 350- 400 euros, Z — 50–130 euros. Rental prices start from 500–7 dollars per day.
If you assemble a device for pumping air with your own hands, then this will not require any investment, you only need to have a car pump or an aquarium compressor.
Vacuum pumps are primarily designed to remove gas molecules and water vapor from the air conditioning system.
If they are not removed, the pressure inside the system increases, which increases the load on the compressor, reducing the amount of cold air. All this, ultimately, leads to the decomposition of freon and the failure of the air conditioner.
On the market there are a large number of devices for pumping air from various manufacturers, with different dimensions, capacities and prices.