Underfloor heating is an ideal type of heating if there are small children in the house, or if you yourself like to walk barefoot.
The undoubted advantage of such a system over conventional radiators is the location of the heating elements, in which the heated air rises, covering the entire area of u200bu200bthe room and creating a comfortable temperature regime. Wall-mounted radiators cannot boast of this, due to their point location on the wall.
The main types of underfloor heating
- Water. A network of pipelines is mounted between the floor and the floor covering, through which the heated liquid moves.
- cable electric. A special cable, cut into sections, is installed in a concrete screed.
- From mats. A thin heating cable is attached to a fiberglass mesh.
- Film infrared. The design uses carbon and bimetallic heating elements operating on the principle of infrared radiation.
Water heated floor
Represents embedded in a screed heating system, akin to a conventional radiator. With the help of a pump, liquid circulates through the pipes (hot water, less often antifreeze and other special fillers). Under the pipeline is laid thermal insulation layer not less than 50 mm, in order to avoid unnecessary heat losses and efficient operation of the system in the future.
Requires a boiler plantwhich will supply the heated liquid to the system, and circulation pump will maintain the desired speed of movement of the water flow through the pipes.
People living in private houses with an individual heating system will be able to appreciate such a space heating system and combine it with radiators or even refuse to use them altogether.
- Economically profitable during operation.
- Reliability and long service life (up to 50 years).
- Deposits in pipes are easily cleaned without dismantling the system, and in the case of using special fluids, they do not form at all. Cleaning is done every 10–15 years.
- Complete independence from the voltage in the mains.
- Installation can be carried out both in the finished room and in the room at the construction stage.
- Large installation costs.
- The need to fill a new insulated screed.
- Prohibited in apartment buildings.
Prices for installation and materials for underfloor heating vary depending on several factors:
- The complexity of the work: number of storeys, dismantling of the old screed, pipeline schemes of varying complexity.
- Material selection: the cost of metal-plastic, propylene and copper pipes differ significantly.
Average a square meter of pipe will cost you 360 rubles, and installation work — 380 rubles. Will cost the most mixing group — from 160$.
Cable electric floor heating
Heating in such a system is carried out using heating cable. Its task is to release heat when current flows. It is installed in a special screed, on top of the existing one, which leads to raising the floor level by about 5 — 8 centimeters. An additional screed also acts as a heat accumulator, which leads to an increase in the cooling time of the heated surface and to a reduction in monetary costs for further maintenance. A layer of thermal insulation laid between the new screed and the floor completely eliminates heat loss.
- Rapid heating of the room.
- Practicality and autonomy.
- Possibility of regulation of level of heating.
- Reasonable price for materials and installation.
- The need to fill a new screed.
- The cost of paying electricity bills.
The price of electric floor equipment will average 2,5 dollars per square meter. This includes the cost of material and installation work. Additional work, such as: opening and laying the flooring, are paid separately.
Electric underfloor heating from heating mats
The principle of operation of this electrical system is similar to the previous one, with one important
honors: the heating cable is smaller in diameter and is already initially fixed on a synthetic mesh. When folded, it is a roll that fits directly on the floor, under the floor covering. Wherein no need to pour a layer of additional screed.
It should be taken into account that thermomats are located only on the surface, not cluttered with furniture or plumbing, but this does not affect the quality of space heatingbut on the contrary, significantly reduces the cost of purchasing material and its installation.
Heating mats come in different capacities: from one- and two-core cable. When making a choice between them, one should take into account both the area of u200bu200bthe room and the scope: spot heating, for example, in a bathroom, or the main one.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Compatible with any type of flooring.
- The high thermal conductivity of the material makes it possible to heat the room in the shortest possible time.
- Connection to the mains with a power of 220 W.
- Low energy consumption due to the use of a temperature controller.
- The high price of the material.
- Furniture and plumbing should stand only where the mat is not laid.
- The room must be dry and well insulated.
The price of an electric floor consists of the cost of 1 m² of a heating single-core mat — an average of 2850 rubles, or a two-core one — 37$; and installation — on an area of u200bu200b1 m2 it will cost at least 1,5 dollars.
Film or infrared floor heating
Surfaces that can give off energy using infrared radiation, most efficient in operation and economical in terms of energy consumption.
Film floor system consists of:
- infrared film, inside which carbon strips are located;
- connecting wires;
- temperature sensor and thermostat;
- insulators and terminals.
The principle of operation is the same as that of the Sun — the floor does not warm the air in the room, but objects and people, including.
- Low energy consumption.
- High work efficiency: oxygen is not burned and the humidity level in the heated room does not change.
- Anti-allergic product.
- Optimum heating temperature and complete radiation safety for humans.
- Fast assembly and dismantling by professionals, with full preservation of the functionality of the elements of the film.
- Long service life (30 years)
- Laying is made on any draft surface.
- All known materials are suitable as a coating.
Damage to one or more sections of the film does not affect the performance of the entire system.
- The surface for laying the infrared floor must have a perfectly flat surface.
- It is forbidden to install the film in places where furniture and other bulky interior items are installed.
- Efficiency depends on proper design.
The price of an infrared floor kit is on average 1920 rubles. Heating area — 1 m².
It is more profitable to take a larger roll and divide it into the desired segments (the places where you can cut are marked on the film).
How to choose a warm floor
When choosing the type of floor for tiles, pay attention to the following points:
- features of the surface of the room: the absence or presence of a screed, the height of existing door thresholds and other nuances;
- electric power;
- what thermostat will be needed;
- whether or not you have a heating boiler;
- the need for spot or full heating;
- furniture arrangement;
- deliberate choice of manufacturer.
The best underfloor heating is produced by the following manufacturing companies:
- “National Comfort”;
- heat plus;
Video about installing underfloor heating under tiles
All of the listed types of underfloor heating can be installed under the tile, and which one is right for you — decide for yourself, taking into account your capabilities and preferences.